Saturday, September 19, 2009

Theme

To me theme is an idea or message the author is trying to share to the reader. I think the author's message is normally something of importance or a lesson. In class we read The House on Mango Street. In my opinion I thought the theme of the story was maturing and Woman's influence. I think Esperanza's mother influenced her because on pg.6 The story "Hairs" she describes her mother's hair like little rosettes so she is observes her very well and is very descriptive another example would be on pg. 90 called "A smart Cookie" her mother tells Esperanza how much she regretted quitting school because she was very smart and could of have gotten so far but decided to quit because she didn't have nice clothes. Esperanza's mother was a very great influence, but another girl I thought had an impact on her was her friend Sally. Sally talks to her about being abused by her father, Esperanza learns about adult dilemmas. I think through out the whole story she matures and has strong woman influencing her and how they change her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment